Sunday, September 04, 2005

One surprise hot on the heals of another

Sent: Friday, 9 June 2000 1:28 PM
Now I know why I didn’t answer both your letters immediately this morning…something was in the air.

But first, I am happy that Michael is well again. Tell me, for a copper wire, it must have been very oxydated? And now I read that it wasn’t Michael at all but Thomas. One of my favourite pasttimes, switching names!

You probably had not seen my letter, when you were writing yours. Yes I know. You are very busy. But I had the impression that you studied your inbox very zealously, to make sure there is nothing in it! I just spoke with Inge re the doctor’s certificate. Her doctor is also not someone who would be willing to do this. And regards the flu, there is another problem. A flu seldom lasts here more than 2 days, and nobody gets a certificate for it. As much and as often as we are infected by viruses, they usually have a short life. Inge said: „it would have to be a heart transplant or something to last that long!“. Having a baby here legally takes 2 to 3 days, and you are sent home again. Lucky People!

........

 

An hour ago my dearly beloved came and said „I have news for you“, after she had been all day roaming around heaven knows where. News doesn’t shock me so quickly, she is usually full of it. So „Peter wants me to fly to Germany, with Susie. And he insists, and would be very upset if I didn’t agree with him“. Hmm..So she and he (Peter) had immediately made some enquiries over the how, where and what and it looks like on the 2nd of October they will fly over, for 3 weeks. Susie already applied for leave. So everything has been signed sealed and settled, on the one day! Until this morning, nobody had any inklings about it, unless of course, Peter dreamt about it last night!

Yes...that’s how things go here. Please read my previous email. Inge reckons that my suggestion that you come here and then arrange your trip after you arrive is most likely expensive. Well, I don’t know my way around in this area. But think about it. If you like I can make some enquiries, doens’t cost anything (to enquire). There are alternatives, for instance – you could use my 4WD and buy a tent, or borrow Gerd’s. There are well equipped camping grounds all over the country, where you can also hire vans or cabins, if you want a change.

I just saw on the News that the Olympic flame has arrived here in Australia. It was carried by an Aboriginal Athlete around Ayers Rock and is now on the way to Sydney, I assume.

Please keep me informed.

Kind Greetings.Peter.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home